Registration is NOW OPEN!
In Person Drop off of payments and Volunteer Deposit cheques will be held at
Boston Pizza 4804 Calgary Trail NW, Edmonton AB T6H 5H5
6pm- 7:30pm on July 19th.
There is always a great need for Goaltenders.
If your player is interested in playing as a goaltender or even trying it out part time, let your Category Director know.
Did you know that KC Head Office has its own Goalie
Equipment that is available for use by our U11 and U13
Goalies free of charge? They can outfit you with Chest
Protectors, Blocker, Catcher and Pads. This equipment is
for use during the season, on ice only. If interested, please
contact your Category Director for instructions. A security
deposit may be required.
Registration Fees and Categories
Categories are determined by year of birth.
U7 - Discovery (2019) - $186
U7 - Junior Timbits (2018) - $186
U7- Senior Timbits (2017) - $276
* U9 (2015-2016) - $610
* U11 (2013-2014) - $795
* U13 (2011-2012) - $900
* These categories participate in our Enhanced Program Package that includes additional development practice ice times, dry-land training sessions, dry-land gear, practice jersey and bag.
Welcome back returning KC South players!
Please note the following to help make the on-line registration process easier:
- It is recommended that you use either Chrome or Firefox browser.
- You will need your child’s 13-digit number Hockey Canada ID number.
- Hockey Canada’s migration to their new registration system, HCR 3.0, requires users to create and link a Spordle account.
- Go to the Hockey Canada registry website.
- Create your new account
- Spordle it set up to guide you step-by-step through the process. You will see your Hockey Canada ID once you find and link your player to your account.
RESPECT IN SPORTS - Parent Course
Hockey Alberta mandated that at least one parent or guardian of each player registered in minor hockey in Alberta must
complete the one hour, $12.60, online RIS Parent Program as a condition of their participation. The RIS Parent Program is a
proactive, educational program that empowers parents with the tools to ensure the game is enjoyable and respectful for
themselves, their children and other stakeholders in the game. This certification must be renewed every four years.
Take the course at: https://hockeyalbertaparent.respectgroupinc.com/
● Conditioning camps - are available to all Knights players at an additional fee and will be held in August. Dates, fees,
and registration information will be posted at https://www.knightshockey.ca/development-camps/
● Evaluations - In September U9, U11, and U13 players have player evaluations to place players on teams of similar
ability. U7 will also have a pre-skate to group players onto even teams. Groups and dates will be posted at
https://www.knightshockey.ca/evaluations/ once available.
● You will also receive an invitation to evaluations/pre-skate from the category director in early September.
Players who withdraw in writing to KC Knights Hockey:
● PRIOR TO ANY EVALUATIONS may apply for a 100% refund of paid fees minus $50 administration fee.
● PRIOR TO PLACEMENT ON A TEAM may apply for a refund of 80% of paid fees minus $50 administration fee.
● AFTER PLACEMENT ON A TEAM by the Category Director will be INELIGIBLE FOR ANY REFUND.
Financial assistance is available through the following organizations:
Provides financial support for registration fees to children from families facing financial barriers so they can participate in registered sports program. For further details, click here.
Provides families in financial need with a financial boost for registration and equipment costs to get kids involved in sport. Funds can also be provided for adaptive equipment to help kids with special needs. For further details, click here.
If you have any questions about registration, please fill out your information below and we'll get back to as soon as we can.